- Public corporations
- Privately held and family-owned businesses
- Financial institutions
- Entrepreneurs and emerging businesses
- Professionals and professional associations
- Entertainment entities
- Health care institutions and providers
Getting down to business
Businesses operate in a climate that demands instant results, real-time feedback, and around-the-clock access to essential information and advice.
Businesses also face constant challenges as a result of changing technologies and market forces, global competition, and a growing and complex web of legal requirements and regulations.
Sustained success is a result of knowing how to best navigate and manage these factors for the best results.
At Burns White, we apply customized thinking to our clients’ business challenges and strive for practical solutions. We generate tangible and cost-effective results for a diverse group of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual practices and proprietorships.
Our attorneys understand business from the inside out. With a diverse range of backgrounds, many of us possess direct experience as owners, board members, and officers of various business entities, as well as a licensed CPA. This unique perspective enhances our ability to assist our clients in meeting their business goals and objectives, while successfully navigating their unique legal issues, and minimizing exposure to legal risk and unnecessary litigation.
We routinely provide the following services to our business clients:
- Contract drafting and enforcement: negotiation, interpretation, development, and enforcement of contracts and commercial relationships
- Business entity formation and structuring: creating entities and business structures (business corporations, nonprofit corporations, professional corporations, LLCs, partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, and systems of related entities) to meet client objectives, such as minimizing taxes, enhancing management efficiencies, reducing liability exposure, complying with regulatory standards, and promoting growth and achieving desired exit strategies
- Capital formation: accessing capital through private and institutional equity, debt, and loan financings
- Corporate governance: consultation and advice regarding corporate governance and management issues, board policies and procedures, conflicts of interest, fiduciary duties, indemnification rights, and D&O insurance
- Mergers and acquisitions: purchase and sale of entities or their component parts through various business transactions and arrangements, such as mergers, asset sales, reorganizations, buy-ins/buy-outs of individual owners, management contracts, and joint ventures
- Real estate transactions: purchase, sale, leasing, and development of real estate, including related oil, gas, and mineral rights
- Construction projects: negotiation, management, and enforcement of contracts with architects, contractors, and project managers
- Intellectual property: registration and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights
Through the firm’s other practice groups, Burns White provides extensive labor/ employment, commercial litigation, and other complementary services for our business clients.