Laura E. Benson
Laura E. Benson is an Associate in the Litigation Group. Drawing from her diverse background in insurance defense, Ms. Benson assists clients in a wide range of industries to reach their business and legal objectives. With experience in both civil and criminal litigation, Ms. Benson defends professionals, financial institutions, individuals, and corporate entities against fraud and malpractice claims. She also handles commercial litigation, employment, personal injury, and catastrophic loss claims.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Benson was employed as an Associate at a Pittsburgh-based insurance defense firm, where she practiced professional malpractice defense and civil litigation.
Ms. Benson received a J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2009. While there, she studied abroad for a semester at Bond University Law School in Queensland, Australia. A member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society, Ms. Benson graduated from Pennsylvania State University with B.A.s in Political Science, Sociology, and African & African American Studies, cum laude, in 2006.
As a law student, Ms. Benson interned for the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission in Pittsburgh, the Governor’s Office of General Counsel in Philadelphia, and United States District Magistrate Judge Lisa Pupo Lenihan.
Areas of Law
- Professional Liability
- Financial Institution Litigation
- White Collar and Government Enforcement
- Employment Law
- Oil & Gas
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., 2009)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Pennsylvania Bar Association